During the exam season, from May 7-14, the Study Center building hours will be extended to 9:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m. Please note that the building will remain closed on Sunday, May 9.
The regular hours for the Study Center building are 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. on Monday–Friday.
Protocol for Building Use
- You must have submitted your UVA Health Check for the day (if applicable) and be symptom-free to enter the building.
- If anyone in your household has received a positive COVID test or you have known exposure to COVID, please do not come to the building until your 10-day quarantine is complete.
- Masks are required at all times in the building.
- We have extra masks if you need one! Just ask the greeter at the front door.
- Masks can be removed briefly for eating or drinking as long as proper physical distance is maintained. Please put your mask back on immediately after finishing your food or beverage. If you are savoring your coffee or tea, please wear your mask between sips.
- Social distancing of 6 feet must be practiced at all times in the building.
- Comply with the stated room capacity restrictions posted outside each room. Please do not move any furniture, including chairs.
- Feel free to use a mug from our kitchen! When finished, please put it in the dishwasher. Do not hand wash any dishes.
- You are welcome to use the refrigerator to store your lunch or snacks and the microwave to reheat your food, but please do not use the kitchen to cook your meal.
- Let an intern know if a coffee pot is empty!
All Study Center programs (lectures, small groups, community gatherings, etc.) will strictly adhere to UVA’s restrictions. Most programs will be a hybrid of in-person gatherings and online offerings. You can find a list of current programs here.